MANILA, Philippines – Ateneo Blue Eagle Keifer Ravena is organizing a charity game for victims of tropical storm Sendong.
Ravena, the 2011 UAAP Rookie of the Year, announced on his Twitter account that the charity game will take place on January 6 at The Arena in San Juan City.
Among the players suiting up for the charity game are:
- · Ateneo de Manila University’s (AdMU) Chris Tiu, Kirk Long, Justin Chua, Poy Erram, Nico Salva and Junior player Thirdy Ravena
- · De La Salle University’s (DLSU) David Webb and Joseph Marata
- · San Beda College’s (SBC) Roldan Sara and Baser Amer of
- · Far Eastern University’s RR Garcia and Terrence Romeo
- · Letran’s Kevin Alas
- · College of St. Belinde’s (CSB) Anton Altamirano and Rafael Melocoton
Also participating in the event are celebrities Marco Alcaraz, Young JV, Joross Gamboa, John Hall, Xian Lim, Jhong Hilario, Luis Alandy and Jayson Abalos.
One of the most sought-after players coming out of Ateneo high school, Ravena lived up to the hype as he made an instant impact in helping Ateneo bag its fourth straight UAAP crown. Ravena’s clutch shooting and hustle keyed Ateneo’s surge.
Kiefer Ravena had a sensational debut in the summer leagues, becoming the talk of the town by lifting the Ateneo Blue Eagles to victory over the San Beda Red Lions. He overcame a bad start in his UAAP career against the Adamson Falcons, becoming the Blue Eagles’ most reliable decision-maker in the clutch and proving that he’s as good as advertised. He won Rookie of the Year honors and helped Ateneo win its fourth straight UAAP title, before joining Sinag Pilipinas in the Southeast Asian Games for yet another championship.